Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'll back track a bit...

I can't believe it has been almost a month since I posted. ARGH! I'll try to do better. This may be a very long post.

June ended with a bang and a whirl-wind trip to South Carolina with Poppy. Now, I believe most of my trips are whirl-wind, but I'll tell you nobody does whirl-wind like Poppy! We flew to SC to see what the base housing looks like in order to get an idea of what furniture we can take and what we needed to store. We (the Bear, Poppy, and I) flew from FTW to Savannah on the 24th. Our flight left at 7:30, which meant a 5-5:30 start time for me. I thought I was a morning person but apparently I'm not. I got up with enough time to shower and get dressed then get the Bear ready. However, while showering I completely forgot to shave my legs (I do this every morning!). Not only that but I stood at the sink actually discussing with myself whether or not I really forgot to shave. I honestly could not remember, I had now memory of any of it. EEK Scary! We made it to the airport and Bear was very excited to go see her "brand new house". While waiting for our flight to board Bear and Poppy went off to find something to eat. They come back with coffee for Poppy and Peanut M&M's for Little Miss (a breakfast only a grandparent would let you get away with!) Luckily I stashed an apple in my carry on. :0)
Plane trip was uneventful Miss played and stayed busy while I wished for a few more minutes of sleep. We landed in Savannah and headed directly to Poppy's job site in Bluffton, SC. Actually we made a brief stop at our hotel to drop off luggage then headed for the job site. The Bear and I left him there to do his inspections and we hit up the outlet mall. I forgot that Gymboree had an outlet there. We had 45 min. Somehow we managed to get 4 outfits for Lil miss and ice cream for everyone before we had to pick Poppy up and head to our appointment on base. It's 2:00 p.m. and my two year old daughter has been up since 6:00 a.m. with no nap! The drive from Bluffton to Beaufort is about 25 minutes. I am convinced she will fall asleep but no she is awake and chatting the entire time. Suddenly about 5 minutes from base all is silent she is sleeping.........
We arrive on base and are shown to the "model home". I reluctantly wake my child as she has been waiting for this all day. She is ecstatic about her "brand new house". We walk in and immediately loose her to the bedrooms done up like children's rooms. One bright pink and the other with bunk beds! She was in Heaven! Convinced that it is actually HER new house she decides that the baby gorillas (Have I mentioned them?) There are three imaginary gorillas that go with us everywhere and tend to be quite unruly (more on that later). So the bunk beds are for her baby "sister" (who will sleep on top) and the baby gorillas (on bottom). The pink room was immediately claimed as hers. In fact it was so her room that she decided to climb in the bed and finish her nap!
She IS a mess!
Poppy and I took several pictures and finally convince the Bear that we had to go back to our hotel (which she calls Mexico because of our trip to Mexico in January. Apparently all hotels are Mexico because that was the first hotel she had ever been in.) We head to the hotel in hopes of resting which is a miserable failure so we went to eat. After a significant restaurant melt down and a quick dinner we headed back to the hotel for bed. I was exhausted and I know Little Miss was too. However, that little Turkey would NOT go to sleep. It was well past 11:00 p.m. when she finally held still long enough to fall asleep.
With another early flight we had to be up and ready by 5:00 a.m. because we had to drive from Bluffton to Savannah and return a rental car all before our 7:00 a.m. flight. When I woke up the Bear from her peaceful slumber I told her we had to to get on an airplane. Her only response was, "Again?". This flight was even less eventful as the first because upon boarding Little Miss and I promptly fell asleep.
Our arrival at DFW was met by Grannie who had lovingly agreed to come help me with my garage sale that coming weekend. Although I believe she is still questioning her decision on that one.
More on that's late.
This post is on our events for two days. I want you to realize that during our whirl-wind trip we were out of Texas for less than 24 hours! Like I said Poppy takes the cake when it comes to whirl-wind trips.
As we left the airport with Grannie, Poppy was boarding a plane to Nashville for another whirl-wind trip.
Thanks Poppy it was fun and I couldn't have done it without you!
Little Miss eating breakfast in bed at "Mexico" in Bluffton

No comments:

Post a Comment