Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ninja in the B-I-B-L-E


A few days ago we attended a Fall Festival at the Marine Corps Air Station Chapel.  As part of the festivities they were giving out foam craft packets for children to do at home.  Somehow we ended up with two. 
Colton was napping and Hannah asked if we could do the craft she had received.  I agreed and we sat down at her table and opened the package.  We found a foam baby Moses, basket, water and reeds that need to be assembled.  As we worked on it we talked about the story of baby Moses.  How there was a King that ordered all the boy babies be destroyed and how Moses’ mother didn’t want that to happen so she put him in the basket and sent him down the river where a princess found him. 


Once we completed the craft I told her that I needed to work on some homework so I moved to the couch with my laptop and began working.  Pretty soon she comes in with another Moses project and asks if she can do it. I agree and she gets to work.  She then tells me that she is going to make this one be baby Jesus instead of baby Moses.  “Great”, I say, and then tell her maybe she could make the basket look like a manger.
We both go back to work on our separate projects and pretty soon I hear her singing.
“There is a ninja in the B-I-B-L-E,”
“There is a ninja in the B-I-B-L-E.”
It took a few times around before I clued in to what she was saying.  I then asked, “What are you singing?”
She replies, “There is a ninja in the B-I-B-L-E. That’s the bible you know.”
“Yes, I know that the B-I-B-L-E is the bible.  But there is a ninja in the bible?”
“Yes” she says so mater of factly.
I rack my brain for a bible story that could possibly involve a ninja.
I then hear her say, “That’s what you just told me.”
Puzzled, I ask her to clarify.
“Well, you told me to make this one look like a ninja.”
Stifling my laughter I say, “No, I said maybe you could make the basket look like a manger.  Since you wanted it to be baby Jesus.”
“Oh! Well, I made this one look like a Ninja anyway.”
So I guess as Hannah said, there is a ninja in the B-I-B-L-E.


No comments:

Post a Comment