Saturday, September 24, 2011

Opposing Forces Collide

I watched her come undone
I couldn’t stop it
I listened carefully as it all became jumbled
I couldn’t understand it
I was angry
She was missing
I fought for her
We screamed
We hurled secrets at each other in front of the family
It was ugly
I threw her keys in the pitch-black back yard so she couldn’t leave
She was mad
It wasn’t the first time and it wasn’t the last
My heart ached for her when she was not well
I needed her then

She is bipolar
Just like the Earth…One up one down
Some ups
Some downs
She has gained control of it
Through a lot of work
Occasionally she tilts on her own axis but only to rebalance again
She is not broken
We have survived many things
This is no different
I have her now
She is not perfect but she is beautiful
She is mine
God gave her to me 

No comments:

Post a Comment